Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Whew!

The whirlwind of Snow White is over! I will post pictures as soon as I get them. My birthday was the first day of dress rehearsals and guess what I got. Sense and Sensibility's Swing Dress Pattern! Not only that but Casey's Elegant Musings is having sew-along of this patterns right now. So I'm going to participate in my first sew-along.
So now is the fun part. Time to plan what I am going to do with the pattern. Casey posted this image as inspiration.

I really like it! The conrast midriff, and the length! I love informal long skirts. I've been thinking of long skirts a lot lately. Traditionally I've been more of a just below the knee girl, but long skirts look so elegant. Look at these:


So elegant! Long skirts don't have to be just formal dresses. I want to make this an everyday dress. I'm really excited to finally be able to make something for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment