Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yard Sale Finds


This might be to coolest yard sale score ever. Check out my new dress form!


 I got her for $45 (talked down from $60). The adjuster on top says "Pat. Pend. 1908," so I assume she is about that old.
I don't know how useful she will be, her proportions are crazy - The smallest she can be is a 38 bust and 26 waist, and you can only adjust all the measurements at once, you can't adjust each separately like the newer ones. Much larger than my bust and a smaller than my waist. She also totally has an "S-curve" the way she is standing.



I also got this for free;
It was towards the end of the day and the people were packing up their yard sale had already put this out to the curb to throw away. I asked how much and they said free! It is definitely a nice decor or prop piece though not usable. Two of the hinges are detached from the bottom.
Seems possible to fix if I really wanted to. I could probably find some of those little screw/pin things at a hardware store, no? i have no idea how old it is, I am not up on my luggage history, but it seems pretty old to me. What do you think - 40's? 50's? Here's the inside.
I think the best time for deals when yard sale-ing has to be the end of the season, people either sell the item now, store it for another year, or throw it away - so any price is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment