Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1950's Vintage Style Dress

I recently made this vintage style dress. Inspired by the 1950's based on the modern pattern Simplicity 3878

I actually made this for a show I was designing. I am modeling the dress here.
I made quite a lot of changes to the pattern as the dress as pictured, though I like the silhouette, it is a bit busy for my taste. There is a lot going on here! I did not do a tulle overlay, I did not sew on tiny fake flowers or a huge bow. I also made it with a circle skirt as opposed to the A-line underlay or the gathered overlay of the pattern. I added straps to avoid any mishaps on stage.
I just love circle skirts! They are so flattering and feminine and fun to twirl and sashay around in. I also like the cummerbund like midriff piece. I think it's very flattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment